Pages

Thursday 25 February 2021

My Experience with the Prime Minister ( Jacinda Ardern )

 Today, I was able to meet Jacinda Ardern, Our Prime Minister ! This was a really EXCITING experience, the particular reason for this is because I look up to her, HEAPS.  I was also able to shake her hand, which is even more exciting than just meeting her.


Meeting her was such a privilege! I’m very happy that she decided to use one hour of her time to just have lunch with us!


One of the couple things I learnt from her is that underaged children, like me, are allowed to email her and tell us our opinions about anything. She told us that even if we’re underaged, we're allowed to email her our opinions on maybe covid-19, etc. 


A thing I learnt about her is that she actually was aiming to become a Police Officer, not a Prime Minister. I genuinely thought that it was HER dream to become a Prime Minister, but turns out she was aiming to be a Police Officer.

This was extremely shocking to me, but I’m very glad that she decided to share her story with us.


My highlight from meeting her today is definitely shaking her hand and welcoming her to the school.


To sum up everything that I’ve stated, I’m very glad that she used her time to have lunch with us, I also learnt to have my own opinions, even if I’m underaged. 


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Task description.

Today, I had to write about my experience of meeting the one and only PRIME MINISTER of NEW ZEALAND. We had to write about the things she talked to us about and I also decided to add in my highlight!


Overall this experience was extremely exciting !





1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Simon,

    Wow can you believe that she actually came to our class to eat lunch!? That was an amazing experience we will never forget. What question would you like to ask the Prime Minister?

    ReplyDelete