Pages

Thursday 27 February 2020

How to be a good host!


WALT: More practice - writing an explanation. Let's get ready for our test next week!

Being a good host is important to my family, but in my culture. We don’t really have parties. We have something called a prayer meeting. It is very important to be a good host in our meetings. So that’s why I’m gonna teach you how to be a host!

In our church, we have turns each week for prayer meetings. If we don’t come to church that day, they will have to text you. If we ever have prayer meetings, we always welcome them kindly. And they will always walk into a clean house. That is because I am forced to clean every time there are guests. We’ll talk on our couch until everyone is here.

While we are waiting for everyone else. We’ll offer them a drink, it might be a soda, or even coffee. It depends on what they want! When they come, they talk about the lord. But the children would just be in a room playing some games! When the meeting is finished, we go and eat food my Mum made!

It’s not only the adults who have to be a good host, I have to be a good host too! Well, when there’s children. I have to invite them to my room and offer them some games on my Nintendo! Then we would just play until it’s over. But sometimes, there's no children. So I just lay down and chat with my friends. Either online or in real life.

If they don’t know where the toilet is, I’ll show them. I have to give them the whole tour of my house if they haven’t seen it yet! I’ll show them the rooms that were not allowed to go in. And rooms we are allowed to go in! Like my room, my bathroom and my other bathroom.

Being a good host is really important because we have to be a great role model! You have to offer them food, show them rooms and be super kind to them! 

Task description.
Miss Tele'a made us do another explanation writing, so we could get ready for our writing test next week! We had to write about being a good host! We have to teach the reader on how to be a good host. We could do that by offering food! Then I posted it on my blog for all of you to see!
Labels: Mrs. Tele'a, 2020, Writing 2020, Simon PES, Being a good host

No comments:

Post a Comment