Pages

Wednesday 19 August 2020

The Manananggal

Today I'm gonna be writing about a Filipino myth since our theme/topic for team 5 are myths and legends all around the world!

This myth is called the Manananggal, it's this creature that resembles a bat. It is also considered a vampire. Manananggal is a mythical creature that loves eating people. Actually, should I consider the people he/she eat are people? They are actually people that haven't seen the world before. If you still don't know what I'm talking about, there babies that are still in stomach! I know right, like why would they eat them?
Let me describe them, they have a VERY long tongue which makes them able to eat the baby from the roof. And when it's the day time, there just a normal and pretty girl but when it hits midnight.... they start turning into the horrific creature!

Just in case if it's true and you experienced it. If you wanna kill it find something that's savoury because they're very allergic to that. Oh right, I forgot to tell you when they turn into the "creature" they leave there lower half. So you have to try and find that lower half and put anything savoury on it and they will shred apart.

This is my writing about the Manananggal, I don't know if it's true so that's why its called a myth.

(No task description, just some writing I wanted to do!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Simon

    I was quite intrigued to read your post about the mananangaal. This myth sounds quite frightening. I'm just wondering if bats are a food source that is eaten in the Philippines? Did you know that fruit bats are a delicacy in Niue? Anyway I found your post interesting to read. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete