Pages

Tuesday 25 August 2020

Measurements! Converting different units!



Task description.
Today I finished my maths task about measurements. I posted it on my blog late because I was to lazy to finish it. But somehow still managed to. On the 3rd slide I had to switch the units because all of them were wrong. For example, I ran 150 kg, and my dog weighs 1 m. If you don't realise it, but it's false because how can your dog weigh 1 m and how can you run 150 kg? So we have to switch it so it makes sense because now it says you run 150 m and your dog weighs 1 kg.
Then on slide 7 we had to convert the large units into smaller units. E.g 1 km = 1000 m.
On slide 8 we had to convert the large units into ml/mm/mg. It's basically the same as slide 7. On the last slide we had to go shopping at countdown and get special offers. I decided to get some stuff I would use for dinner and get bread because I ran out. We had to find out the grams of each object we find, and we had to figure out how to convert them into smaller units. After we find our items, we then have to do some maths to figure out the price.

1 comment:

  1. Malo ni Simon,
    You have written a very impressive task description! I like how you have included all the details of our Maths session as well as your own personal impressions about your thought process as you completed the different activities - great reflections! I can tell that you have a strong understanding of how to do metric conversions from larger to smaller amounts - awesome work Simon!

    ReplyDelete