Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2020

3 new words I've come across.











































Task description.
Mrs. Tele'a created a slide were we had to find 3 words that we don't know and try and learn the meaning/definition. I chose the word Chorus, because back then I used to think it was just an addicting verse. But it actually always comes after every verse, that's why it's named Chorus. I also chose supercalifragiliisticexpialidocious. Me and my good friend Bradley learnt how to say it, but he didn't learn how to spell it. I took at least 30 minutes trying to figure out how to spell and say it. But I finally mastered it, but I still can't type it super fast. The last word I chose was Psychotherapist. I got this word because there's this game on Roblox, called "Word Bomb". I'll explain the game, the game will give you 1-3 random letters. E.g, it gives you in, you then have to try a word with "in". You can't swap the letters together, you can't do anything. You just have to find a word, like Bin! That's how you play the game, but I found out about it because I was stuck on these 2 letters, "sy". So I decided to look it up because I didn't want to lose. The first word I found was "Psychotherapist." That's how I found Psychotherapist. Lastly, we had to find some photos, like imagine "Chorus", I would of gone for a singer. So I decided to go with Camila Cabelo. After we were done, we posted it on our blog.

Labels: 2020, reading 2020, Writing 2020, New Words, Distance Learning, Mary Poppins, Corona virus, Covid-19, Simon PES, Point England School, 


(Mistake, I spelt supercalifragiliisticexpialidocious wrong in one of the photos.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Simon it's me Ana. I see you have play this game called Word Bomb in Roblox, I've seen a Youtuber called Flamingo who played it. I've played it a couple of times but usually I use words that aren't long so that I won't ran out of time to enter it, where did you discover the game from? I see it as a underrated game and it's not really seen in the list of games in the popular section.


    "supercalifragiliisticeexpialidocious", it was from Mary Poppins, right? I can't believe how long and difficult to pronounce that word, have you seen the movie "Mary Poppins Returns", not so obsessed with movies so I haven't watched it.

    Hope your having fun doing online learning and hope to comment on your other posts.

    ~ Ana

    ReplyDelete