Pages

Friday 31 May 2019

Sailing Recount

WALT: write a detailed recount.(real:WALT: write a detailed account.
________________________________________________________________________________
First, we had to arrive at school at 8:15. When our school teacher called us to go inside. We obviously already knew who was coming to sailing. It was some of my classmates. But I feel bad for my teacher. He couldn’t come with us. But to be honest, I didn’t really care. I just loved how I could go to sailing. When we got ready we went outside and got to the breeze. We looked cool. We were like gangsters! But sadly most of them didn’t care. We sat down in a line at the breeze. We basically just had like a little meeting. After that meeting, we walked to the bus. And when I arrived  at the bus I sat with my friends. They’re names were Bradley, Oalii and Kahurangi. We were chatting until we arrive there.

When we finally arrive there, we met our 3 sailing instructors. Their names were Steven, Jayah and Justin. They were explaining the instructions. But first we checked out the boats in small little groups! I listened. But I still didn’t know what it does. After that, we went to have our Morning tea. After we had to get ready! My classmates had to go change into wet suits, then put they’re shoes on and lastly put the life jacket on. I was the first one because, I was already wearing a wet suit. Then we finally went sailing.




We had to choose our partners from our little groups. I chose a girl named Madi. She’s actually one of my friends! When we got on the boat. I chose to stir. Madi did the rope, she sadly just got stuck with it. Then we finally went off. At first, it was extremely scary. I had no clue how to stir the boat. But after a while, it was actually really fun! I got used to it. We were just professianals. After that we had lunch. We also tried up with our towels. When that ended. It was time for our captivity. It was the best and the worst. While we got so much things. We were in the middle of the ocean. And Madi was doing the stirring! I had to try and do it when she was in the way! It kept turning like 15 degrees. Left and right, left and right. We were also spinning! We called for help but they didn’t even help us. When I yelled Miss. Tuiā. I said could you help us! And they said yes. So we actually lived.


When we got to the shore. We all had to change. So we went to the toilets. After that we had this little meeting. We got stickers and these tickets! You could of got more stickers if we told stories. Then we got on the bus and we said goodbye.

Overall, I had so much fun in that day. I really recommend it. Just in case you go sailing again, you will know how to go back to shore!
________________________________________________________________________________

Task description.
Mr Goodwin told the sailors to make a detailed recount of sailing. We had to try and hook the viewers, YOU. To love the writing. That's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment