Pages

Friday 15 March 2019

Year 5 and 6 Camp 2019

WALT: Write in paragraphs

Hello, welcome to my blog. In week 5 we did the 2019 annual year 5 and year 6 camp. Have you ever camped before?

If your wondering what camp is, it’s just like sleeping in a tent and doing all sorts of things. Well for us, we did so much fun activities including kayaking and slip and slide. We slept in these huge tents and we have either 3/2/1 students in your camp group sleeping with you. I was sleeping with Kauri and Rae jae. The camp was actually 2 days and a half of a day, not 3 days. And our camp is safe because we sleep at our school!  Our teachers/parents/associate principal did all the tents!  Our teacher for my camp group was Miss Tuiā and the camp leaders were Me and Madi. Our group name was Bata (not batay) But luckily I spelt it wrong because our chant wouldn't go in with bata.

If your wondering what camp is, it’s just like sleeping in a tent and doing all sorts of things. Well for us, we did so much fun activities including kayaking and slip and slide. We slept in these huge tents and we have either 3/2/1 students in your camp group sleeping with you. I was sleeping with Kauri and Rae jae. The camp was actually 2 days and a half of a day, not 3 days. And our camp is safe because we sleep at our school!  Our teachers/parents/associate principal did all the tents!  Our teacher for my camp group was Miss Tuiā and the camp leaders were Me and Madi. Our group name was Bata (not batay) But luckily I spelt it wrong because our chant wouldn't go in with bata.

However the whole camp was a highlight but my most favourite highlight is kayaking! It’s my first highlight because I got more brave and went on a single boat for the first time! I’m starting to get out my fear! Also I heard lots of funny things that I wish I saw.  But the bad thing about kayaking is paddling and then your hands get so tired that you would relax on the boat! It’s like your bones are weak you can’t even lift a pencil. Mostly because you have to like spin the paddle so you can turn each side into a knife.

I loved everything we did but my next favourite highlight is Killerzone, dun dun dun. Because we beat Matariki! I thought our team was so cool cause we beat a team. But we weren’t because in cyclo ball, we didn’t beat the other team because I couldn’t participate cause I don’t know how to ride a bike! But Killerzone was actually fun, I thought we were gonna lose.. BUT at the end we had a great comeback on crossing the river! That’s how we won, but my least favourite was saying a speech to them. But they just said good game after all that hard work of a suprise speech.  I also didn’t like the throwing things because I know I would be bad at it but who cares. It was fun anyway.

This was an awesome camp, but I would like to say thank you to everyone who made this possible. especially parents for paying.  Also the school, teachers and parent helpers.  And all the other people who made it possible for like the food and those things! I’m really grateful for the helpers and yeah! Thank you  for making this possible. I actually would recommend this because some students like me always go on electronics and never get off but in camp, there's no electronics and we play outside. Playing outside is kind of boring but in this camp it was awesome! I learned that going outside is fun but I still prefer on the computer. And also I learned how to be a camp leader.  More like a bossy camp leader. Thank you helpers and the above on who helped like security!

Task description
We used a template to help us think and to designing our paragraphs while we write.



No comments:

Post a Comment